FLORIDA COUNCIL FOR RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Access code: 8683917
WELCOME: Maureen Capp
ROLL CALL: Monica Rodriguez
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Maureen Capp
Aaron Approved; Judy Seconded
TREASURER’S REPORT: Judy Green
Spring Conference in St. Petersburg:
Sponsors $3,250 (still waiting on another $500 ßpossibly Kat Bashara, Bank of America, $250 Goldman Sachs)
Speakers Fees and Contractors fees $5,695 (Doug Ryan $1,285)
Meals and reception $3,634
Space and supplies $1,629 (American Stage)
Speaker travel $898
New balance $19,177.95
CHAIR’S REPORT: Maureen Capp
SPRING CONFERENCE: Jackie Skryd
- Getting speakers lined up early is important
- Good lineup of speakers is key
- Attendee feedback: multiple days should be full days, longer time for sessions, enjoyed more combination sessions w/ grant/foundations
- Pros/cons of working with Doug: pro (registrations/online payments, good assistant, Jackie’s team was able to focus on speakers, logistics, “day-of” implementation); cons (food/beverages, not getting contracts on time, getting a hold of him)
- Sponsors were happy/exceeded expectations
- Maureen to Judy: Can BB&T online portal be used?
- Judy: It’s difficult to see who is registered, only who is paid. What if we only received one check from each college?
- Maureen/Aaron: No, foundations and grant depts. have different accounts
- Judy: Even with Doug’s help, Judy and her team were still doing a lot of the work
- Maureen: Could we hire some else?
- Jackie: Doug’s assistant
- Aaron: Sounds like we don’t want to use Doug anymore
- Jackie: It would be better if we had a kit we could hand off to the next group to host the conference; we’ve used Lumens for payment before
- Judy: Registrations doubled in the last two weeks
- Jackie: Having a planner was helpful, but not necessarily Doug
- Maureen: College of central Florida/Ellen Burns offered to host conference
- Aaron: Will local planner have online payment system available?
- Jackie: We’d need two systems on for payment and one for registration
- Cristie: Constant Contact may have payment gateway available
- Jackie: Judy to look into BB&T and Jackie to look into Constant Contact/Lumens
- Maureen: we should look into national event planners; maybe someone CRD uses
- Jackie: FSJC/St. John’s River, but one sponsor (BOA) stated they were more interested in doing it solely in Jacksonville
- Monica: But Ellen may not be able to do it on her own because she’s a one-woman shop for Resource Development AND Institutional Research
- Maureen: Spring conference possible location: FSJC/St. John’s River (Jennifer Peterson/Ellen Burns); Maureen will reach out to College of Central Florida (Matt Matthews/president of college) to see if we can get firm commitment and decide on date for fall conference by June 1 (possibly 2nd/3rd week of Oct or last week of Sept. because of CRD and AFC).
- Cristie: Event registration/payment possible on Constant Contact if using Webpay and PayPal.
- Maureen: Or possibly linking BB&T and Constant Contact and we could also use CC for web-blasts.
- Judy: FCS is member of Constant Contact so we may be able to use our own accounts
- Cristie: FCRD should have our own account for ease of use
- Monica: we should ask what kind o sessions you want/if they know any keynote speakers to want to see
- Maureen: we can send out the request in July; (and to Aaron) has any expressed interest
- Aaron: Bill from Pasco-Hernando is interested in serving a position; will send out date to convene nominating committee
- Maureen: maybe we can send out a reminder by end of month
- Cristie: is it open or just foundation side?
- Aaron: Just foundation side
COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE: Jackie Skryd and Monica Rodriguez, Co-Chairs
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Nancy Botero, Chair
BOARD GOVERNANCE : Suellen Mann, Chair, Ann Decker, Co-Chair
- Goal 1 – Chair: Maureen Capp
Provide World Class Professional Development Opportunities for FCRD
- Goal 2– Chair: John Gyllin
Strategically Communicate the Impact of our System
- Table whether to start alumni group
Possible local gift to FCS from SunTrust
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
NEXT MEETING June 11, 2016
ADJOURN: Maureen Capp