BOARD MEETING MINUTES – July 12, 2017

 BOARD MEETING

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST

 AGENDA

WELCOME                                                                                          John Gyllin

John called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.

ROLL CALL                                                                                           Jennifer Peterson     

Cindy Bruin, Ellen Burns, Ann Decker, John Gyllin, Cristie Kedroski , Kris Christian, Monica Rodriguez, Bill Shutowski; Quorum achieved (8/13 present)

APPROVAL OF JUNE MINUTES                                                          Jennifer Peterson     

Motion to approve by Ann with change requested by Judy Green via email, anmely that “matching fund 2 for 1 was based on pending legislation.  Since SB 374 was vetoed this is no longer the case”, Bill seconded motion to approve with changes; minutes approved

TREASURER’S REPORT                                                                       Judy Green

Balance for FCRD is $19,480.67; John stated that it was lower than expected because some bills were paid.

CHAIR’S REPORT                                                                                John Gyllin

John commends FCRD board for higher engagement in discussions of what we do at FCRD

FCRD Fall/Spring conference dates confirmed, conference teams moving forward with planning

ACTION ITEMS

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  • July 2017 COP Meeting- taking place at the same time- Jackie representing
  • COP mtg/information on president’s report to be finalized in November

NEW BUSINESS

  • Fall Gathering- INDIAN RIVER STATE COLLEGE!
    • Items to tackle for this event
    • Conference to take place Sept. 28-29
    • Indian River moving forward; had conf. call w/ SPC to get some guidance
    • Ann to send out tentative agenda momentarily; foundation agenda being formulated—topics include expanding entrepreneurship, intergenerational communication; for grants side, they have reached out to Celeste Carter from NSF. They have also proposed a session on data gathering.
    • Have almost all sponsors, but still need 2-3 sponsors
    • Agenda looks robust—speakers still need to be finalized, which should be in the next two weeks
    • Registration at $99; hotel at $95.

OLD BUSINESS

  • Legislative update –based on the governor’s letter, we breathed a sigh of relief
    • Presidents trying to decide on having conf. call w/ Negron to discuss future legislation and how it may impact CCs
    • Across the board FL CCs (and esp. foundations) have taken financial hit, but we need to find out what the legislature has in store for us and whether this could happen again. Although it’s possible, we hope the governor will veto it.
  • Looking at the 5 year DSO rule
  • Transition of officers and overall board make-up
    • John, Jackie, and Jennifer will review by-laws to decide whether to make nominations in August. John would love the current board members to stay on board, if existing commitments allow for it, but is also interested in bringing new people on-board.

BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS

Bill brought up issues with ensuring sure donors meet their pledge amounts and the legislation regarding this.

NEXT MEETING

Tentative August 9, 2017        11:00AM EST   Teleconference

ADJOURN                                                                                            John Gyllin

Advertisements