The Director of Grant Development provides leadership and manages for the College’s procurement of grants in support of the College’s mission and strategic initiatives. The Director will promote collaborative initiatives with public and private agencies and other institutions as appropriate. The position requires expertise in grant writing, excellent communication and leadership skills, experience in needs assessment and analysis, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead grant development and management initiatives to advance the strategic priorities of the College.
- Perform related duties as required/assigned.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external working groups involved in proposal/program design; external groups may include representatives from schools, state and community agencies, employers, and workforce development agencies.
- Coordinate with contract grant development personnel on research, strategic planning, grant writing, and proposal review.
- Keep abreast of changing state, federal and private foundation grant standards and proposal guidelines.
- Write, edit, assemble, and submit grant proposals that include needs analysis, goals, objectives, activities, evaluation strategies, timelines, letters of support, budget and supporting data.
- Develop, in conjunction with the grants accountant, accurate budgets and financial plans/documentation.
- Ensure each project or program meets all proposal conditions and requirements. Ensure regular grant monitoring and compliance with funder as well as Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
- Assist grant project managers with the implementation of post-award activities, including coordination of activities between internal departments such as grants accounting, purchasing, and human resources.
- Provide grant training sessions, workshops, and mentoring experiences for faculty and staff as professional development opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of related College policies and handbooks and funding agency documents and requirements; communicate relevant requirements to project directors and administrators, and make recommendations regarding the College’s grant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the College’s Grants Management handbook and website materials to ensure up-to-date information is available for College staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in higher education, federal government, state government, or industry working as a grant writer.
- Demonstrated successful grant proposal development and management.
- Experience maintaining highly detailed grant and contract files, including reporting and correspondence with funding sources and project directors. Advanced excel skills including data visualization.
- Experience developing and implementing budgets.
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations related to grant administration.
- Experience in electronic submission, including Grants.gov.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient with personal computers, word processing software, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Effectively organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and prioritizing changing needs.
- Attention to detail, make appropriate decisions with minimal supervision.