There is an opening for Administrative Supervisor, Resource Development at Miami Dade College.
The Administrative Supervisor provides administrative support to the Resource Development Department. This position assists in coordinating team activities to support the procurement of grant funds and donations through external public and private resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative, purchasing and clerical support
- Facilitates the organization and progress of project work teams by following-up and updating project status and timelines
- Arranges and facilitates meetings; prepares travel arrangements
- Prepares correspondence; organizes and mails grant proposals as needed
- Prepares payroll, purchase orders and department requisitions
- Processes invoices, agreements for services with outside vendors and prepares reports as needed
- Oversees and maintains online training modules for the department
- Serves as liaison with Business Affairs; performs light bookkeeping tasks as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates of Arts degree in related field from a two-year College or technical school and four (4) years of experience in responsible related clerical work; or equivalent combination of experience and education (all degrees must be from a regional accredited institution)
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Possess good organizational, verbal, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the principles of office management, practices, procedures, equipment, and operational requirements of the department
- Knowledge of word processing and computer software including**: Excel, Microsoft Word, and Windows
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
Please visit http://www.mdc.edu/jobs/ and search for “Administrative Supervisor” or position # 997972.