We, the undersigned, do hereby associate ourselves for the purpose of forming an organization not for profit in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida under the following proposed charter. Furthermore, it is the expressed intent of this Association to cooperate with the National Council for Resource Development and the American Association of Community Colleges in pursuit of its goals and objectives.
The name of this organization shall be FLORIDA COUNCIL FOR RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, hereinafter referred to as “the Council.”
The purposes for which the Council is organized are as follows:
- to provide assistance and information that will serve to ensure more effective federal, state, local, and private support of community/junior colleges;
- to serve as a vehicle for communication, cooperation, definition and solution of issues, problems, and activities of such institutions in all areas of resource development;
- to promote professional competency through cooperative experiments, conferences, seminars, studies, workshops, and other related activities as desired or required to fulfill the purpose of the Council.
- to receive and hold by gift, bequest, or purchase any real or personal property and to manage, invest, and reinvest the same and to dispose of the same for scientific, educational, and charitable purposes, all for the advancement of the Florida Council for Resource Development and its objectives;
- to hold, either absolutely or in trust for any of said purposes, funds and property of all kinds subject only to any imitations or conditions imposed by law or the instrument under which said property is received;
- to sell, lease, convey or otherwise dispose of any such property and to invest and reinvest the same or any proceeds thereof and to deal with an expand the principal and income for any of said purposes;
- to act as trustee; and,
- in general, to exercise any, all and every power, including trust powers, which a vehicle not for profit organized under the laws of the State of Florida for the foregoing purposes can be authorized to exercise.
All of the assets and income of the Council shall be used only for the purposes herein above set forth, including the payment of expenses incident thereto, and no part of the assets or income of the Council shall be distributable to its members, directors or officers and no substantial part of its activities shall be for the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the Council shall not participate in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
In the event of dissolution or other termination of the organization, title to all of its assets shall vest in the National Council for Resource Development, or its successor, to be used exclusively for the purposes herein above set forth, it being intended that no distribution or payment shall be made which will impair or destroy the tax exempt status of the Council or which will result in the denial of tax exempt status to donations, contributions, legacies, or dues received by the Council to the extent that such tax exempt status shall be allowed under any applicable law or regulation.
The qualifications of members and the manner of their admission shall be as follows:
All persons interested in the educational, scientific or charitable purposes of the Council and who meet such additional qualifications as may be prescribed in the By-Laws of the Council are eligible to become members of the Council upon approval or acceptance in the manner authorized by the Board of Directors.
This organization shall have perpetual existence.
The names of the subscribers to the Constitution are:
The affairs of this organization are to be managed by a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and such other officers as may be provided for by the By-Laws of the organization.
The officers of the organization shall be elected by the Board of Directors or Council at the annual meeting of the organization.
The names of the officers who are to serve until the first election under this Constitution are as follows:
President: Stephen Wise
Vice President: W. Harvey Sharron, Jr.
Secretary: Anita Harrow
Treasurer: Ron Reinighaus
The Board of Directors of this organization shall consist of the number of members as shall be set forth in the By-Laws of the organization, by shall at no time be less than five members. The names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as members of the first Board of Directors and until the first election under his constitution are:
Walter Gilfilen – Cocoa, Florida
William Jackson – Ocala, Florida
Thomas S. McFarland, Jr. – Miami, Florida
Russell Peoples – Ft. Myers, Florida
Albert Robertson – Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Amendments to this Constitution shall require a vote of two-thirds (2/3) of all members present at any meeting of the Council, or by the unanimous written consent of all members of the Council.
Amended September 1997